Wednesday, June 19, 2013

OLD SAN JUAN

On Tuesday, June 18 was our field trip to Old San Juan.  Those who didn’t go missed out on the fun.  Those who did go, thank you for being on time and following the rules.  

Now for your blog assignment:  answer the following questions in complete sentences.  If you did NOT attend the field trip, your assignment is explained further down.

QUESTIONS for those who went on the field trip:

1.  Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan?  Why or why not?
2.  What did you like most about the field trip?
3.  What did you NOT like about the field trip?
4.  What were some of the places you visited or saw?
5.  Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa?  Why or why not?
6.  Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
7.  Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
8.  What else did you learn on this field trip?
9.  If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
10.  What other place would you recommend for a field trip?


TASK:  COPY the questions.  Answer the questions in COMPLETE SENTENCES.  Leave a space between each response (double space).


Assignment  for those who DID NOT go on the field trip:

Choose 3 tourist attractions YOU have been to.  Prepare a collage for EACH tourist attraction.  Then give an oral report to the class.  Minimum 8 sentences per collage. 

DATE DUE:  July 3, 2013

16 comments:

  1. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    - I like it, it was fun and we went to some interesting places.


    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    - What I like most was been in the Morro and watch the sea.


    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    - Reggeaton in the school boss.


    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    - Doña Fela's Museum, El Morro and Plaza de Armas.


    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    - Yes, I like it. It was really fun and I learn a lot.


    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    - No, I didn't know who she was before the tour.


    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    - 1)She was the first mayoress of San Juan.
    2)She used the money of people to do good things.
    3)She was the first woman from Puerto Rico to be one of the ladies of america.


    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?
    - I learn how to use a map.


    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    - My recommendation will be bring lots of bottle of water because you will walk a lot.


    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    - I will recommend the Zoo, it's a good place to learn more about animals.


    -Jomar Torres Feliciano

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1-liked it because we walk by SanJuan visit different places.
    2-They walk around San Juan.
    3-What I did not like was where were the pigeons that I have fear.
    4-I was a cathedral, went to the museum of Doña Fela, saw the town hall of San Juan, saw the tents.
    5-I like Doña Fela Museum as we explained her past her home and everything she liked to help others.
    6-I did not have any knowledge who was felisa halli we explain everything in the museum.
    7-Felisa liked to help others.
    was a working woman.
    was mayor of san juan.
    8-Come more and experience new things and you learn more.
    9-Go sanjuan has other places to learn more about tourist sites.
    10-we can go to the anvil, Wind caves are so many places in Puerto Rico to explore.

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?

    I enjoyed it! For once we had a chance to go out as a group and learn new things.

    2. What did you like most about the field trip?

    Sincerally, I liked the shopping part lol!

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?

    I didnt like getting lost finding the museum, I sweat a lot!

    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?

    Besides the museum, stores along the way.

    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?

    I liked it, I learned a lot about her.

    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?

    I didn't know anything about her and once I did I admired her so much!

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.

    -She was the mayor of San Juan.

    -She was very humble.

    -She knew a lot of important people and maintained a good relationship with them.

    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?

    Getting lost helped me to see new parts of San Juan that I didn't know.


    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?

    To visit other historical parts of San Juan.

    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?

    I would recommend a water park.

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    If I liked the trip to Old San Juan for visit various interesting places.

    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    I like visiting musseum of Doña Felisa.

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    There was nothing I did not like about the tour.

    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    Visit the musseum of Doña Felisa, plaza de armas, the alcaldia, the cathedral.

    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    If I liked it because I learned from it.

    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    No, did not know it before the trip.

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    * He was the mayor of San Juan for many time.
    * Brought snow to Puerto Rico for the first time for children.
    * He used his own money for the people.

    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?
    I learned about the life of Doña Felisa and other things more about Old San Juan.

    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    Go to Yunque or Old San Juan again to visit other parts of the.

    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    Got to Yunque or Old San Juan and any park or beach.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonathan RamìrezJuly 1, 2013 at 7:00 PM

    1. I enjoy the field strip to Old San Juan because I spend a good time with my friends.

    2. The most I like about the field trip was walking by the street in the Old San Juan.

    3. I don't like about the field trip the time spend in the wagon to San Juan.

    4. I visited some places, La plaza de Armas, The Museum of Doña Felisa, I saw many important places, Hotel El Convento, La Fortaleza, the mayoralty house, Capitol.

    5. I like the tour at the museum of Doña Felisa, because I learn about the life's of important women.

    6. I did know about Doña Felisa before tour.

    7. she was mayor of San Juan
    She brought snow.
    She founded the municipal hospital in San Juan.

    8. I learn another thing on the field trip the importance of the history of San Juan.

    9. I have another recommendation, visit the Fortaleza, and appointment with the governor.

    10. I recommend to visit Yunque.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    I enjoy the field trip because I spend a good time.
    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    The most like the Felisa Rincon museum.
    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    I like everything, was ok.
    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    El Morro, Plaza de armas and Doña Fela's Museum
    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    Yes because is one of the more important woman of our history
    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    Yes I know who was before the tour
    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    She was the first mayoress of San Juan, She found the maternal school
    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?
    I learn how I have to said when Rose take a picture
    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    I recommend more places to visit.
    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    I will recommend the rain forest el Yunque

    ReplyDelete
  7. 1.Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    I liked the trip because I shared with my classmates, teachers and visit various places.

    2.What did you like most about the field trip?
    I like to visit museums more and learn from things that did not know.

    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    I like the tour did not visit nearly places and could not go to lunch at a place other.

    4.What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    I visited a lot the nose with my family since I was born in sanjuan as I was all those roads north area.

    5.Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    I liked the museum was interesting to know who was and who was engaged in times past.

    6.Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    Not know who he was or who was engaged in its past.

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    That was a noble.
    was mayor and he liked to help many people.
    He had a pure nobility and liked helping people

    8.What else did you learn on this field trip?
    I could learn to know more about the characters before and they were engaged.

    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    If we were again I would recommend going to more places not only the old SanJuan if not elsewhere tourist.

    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    Would recommend going to the anvil and I have not had the opportunity to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  8. 1.Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    It was interesting the journey to San Juan tube as the opportunity to learn new things.
    2.What did you like most about the field trip?
    I liked most of the tour go all San Juan.
    3.What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    I really like not having to visit a few places.
    4.What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    I have visited the nose and strength above.
    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    I taste as well who told us was to be spent and what were their plans was interesting.
    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    Had no knowledge of who was.
    7.Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    I like helping the neighbor
    was known by many important.
    earned the appreciation of many people around.
    8.What else did you learn on this field trip?
    I could learn from the trip was the museum and experience.
    9.If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    Would recommend going to other places and visit more museums.
    10.What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    Would recommend going to explore parks and forests.

    ReplyDelete
  9. 1. I enjoyed the field trip because I never have been there before
    2. I liked have been in the morro and in the museum
    3. I not like the music the music and I want to stay longer in San Juan to meet new places but didn’t had the time
    4. The museum and the morro
    5. I liked the tour in the museum and learn about Doña Felisa
    6. No I didn’t know she was I learn in the field trip
    7. She was mayor in San Juan
    Received eleven honorary doctorates and prizes
    Honesty and good governance
    8. I learn to find places
    9. Stay longer and visit more places
    10. I would recommend Park of Science and Park indigena

    ReplyDelete
  10. 1. On the trip to San Juan because I like all had fun and it was very interesting to learn the history of Doña Felisa.
    2.I liked everything because it was an educational tour tourist yet.
    3.I liked it for all or there is nothing that I have not liked.
    4.Visit many places, but the one I remember was the Museum of Felisa.
    5.If I liked it because I saw it several personal things.
    6.Do not know her.
    7.Things I learned from her is that she always has to be humble, honest and have intelligence.
    8.Actually not learn anything more.
    9.I would not do any because for me was well organized, but if you would say that for next time know well the place you visit to not go vain lost.
    10.I would recommend El Yunque as it is a tourist spot that few people have the opportunity to visit for some reason and also is a very beautiful and interesting place to visit.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 1. I like because you have not went to San Juan.
    2. What I liked most was to go and share with colleagues.
    3. I did not like that we were soon.
    4. The house of Doña felisa.
    5. If I liked was something new I learned and did not know it.
    6. No, I did not know who she was.
    7. I learned that she had 3 very clear values ​​which were Love, intelligence, humility.
    8. Well, go shopping in an hour or less than an hour. xD
    9. I would recommend that we were any longer to visit all the sites without haste.
    10.Would recommend the El Yunque.

    ReplyDelete
  12. 1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    Yes, I enjoyed it, it's one of my favorite places to visit, because it is full of history.
    2. What did you like most about the field trip?
    I liked most of the tour was visiting the Museum of Doña Felisa Rincon.
    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    We could not visit La Fortaleza.
    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    Doña Felisa Rincón Museum, Plaza de Armas, Hotel El Convento and San Juan Bay.
    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    I liked it because we could see what was his home and know who was Doña Fela.
    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    Only knew a little about she, but did not know all their works.
    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    He was mayor of San Juan, was humble and gave his fortune to the municipality of San Juan
    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?
    I learned to know better the streets of Old San Juan.
    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    I would recommend having a tour guide and visit all the historical places in the trolley.
    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    I would visit El Yunque.

    ReplyDelete
  13. 1.Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?
    Yes, I enjoyed it because I had a good time with my friends and saw places that never had.

    2.What did you like most about the field trip?
    Besides launch hour jaja, visiting Doña Fela’s museum.

    3.What did you NOT like about the field trip?
    We had to leave early; we could’ve seen more places.

    4.What were some of the places you visited or saw?
    We went to Doña Fela’s Museum, Plaza de Armas, Hotel El Convento, many stores along the way, went to Pizza Hut to eat  and Starbucks to drink a really nice coffee.

    5.Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?
    Yes I really liked it, I have to say it was really inspiring and made me thing that maybe It would’ve be better to live in those years.

    6.Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    No I had no idea who she was.

    7.Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    She was the first mayoress of San Juan, started at 49 years old.
    She was a humble, pure heart, kind women that help everyone no matter what.
    She used her on money to help people, she never touch a penny of the town’s money.

    8.What else did you learn on this field trip?
    You really need to read carefully a map and understand where you are!!

    9.If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?
    I would say, have more time to visit more places and see more of what San Juan has to offer.

    10.What other place would you recommend for a field trip?
    I would recommend Toro Verde, it’s a really nice place where you can see the beautiful nature that Puerto Rico has.

    ReplyDelete
  14. 1. Yes, I like so much because San Juan is a very interesting city.
    2.What I liked most was walking the streets with my partner and see hotels and of course the casino.
    3.I did not like the visit to the museum.
    4.I saw the Fortress, El Morro, the Plaza de Armas, Hotels but almost all had seen in the past but no less interesting.
    5.Not much,talked too.
    6.No
    7.The 4 most important values​​: Authority, Love, Wisdom, Humility.
    8.I learned about what was in earlier times Doña Felisa.
    9.Being a little more time to visit more places.
    10.Some water park.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Kiara Marie AcostaJuly 2, 2013 at 8:16 PM

    1. Did you enjoy the field trip to Old San Juan? Why or why not?

    Yes I like because I share with my classmates and appreciate the beauty of the city.


    2. What did you like most about the field trip?

    I liked that I could visit various important parts of Old San Juan


    3. What did you NOT like about the field trip?

    I did not like that we had to get there early


    4. What were some of the places you visited or saw?

    We went to Doña Fela’s Museum, Plaza de Armas, Hotel El Convento, many stores along the way.


    5. Did you like the tour at the Museum of Doña Felisa? Why or why not?

    yes, because did not know about the life of this important woman.



    6. Did you know who Doña Felisa was before the tour?
    No

    7. Mention 3 things you learned about Doña Felisa.
    She was mayor in San Juan
    She used the money of people to do good things.


    8. What else did you learn on this field trip?

    I learned how important it is to visit such important things of our island


    9. If we were to go again, what recommendation would you have?

    would recommend going with more calm and able to visit different sites together


    10. What other place would you recommend for a field trip?

    I Would recommend the El Yunque.

    ReplyDelete
  16. 1.Yes,because it was an educational trip and at the same time to enjoy.
    2.The measures laid more than I like the trip was when we threw photos to different parts of Old San Juan.
    3.What I did not like the trip was when we did not find the house Felisa as we had to walk quite.
    4.The Morro, El Parque de las Palomas, Paseo la Princesa.
    5.Me like it because the story is very interesting because she was a woman who liked helping neighbor.
    6.No.
    7.First snow brought the town of San Juan, I liked to collect keys and fans, always wore wigs for hair.
    8.Learning a little more on the streets, and that for a long time since I visited Old San Juan.
    9.Stay a little more, to thus be able to see all the attractions.
    10.Isabela, Guajataca Tunnel

    ReplyDelete