Sunday, May 19, 2013

DID YOU KNOW...?

The  image many people have of Puerto Rico is not a very positive one.  We are seen as lazy people being maintained by the the United States.  However, there is the flip side of the coin.  Here is a video to show you reality....no politics, just numbers.  What do you think?  (The video is in Spanish.)  



TASK:  Watch the video and then write your reaction to the video.  Did you know this information already?  Was there anything that stood out for you?  (Paragraph: 5-8 sentences).


 DATE DUE:  June 3, 2013

16 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Whaaaatt? Definitely did not know this information.
    I think whenever people talk without knowing or say things as they agree. PR things might improve if we begin to plant and grow our own food because most of what we consume we bought outside PR The United States help us but we also bring to the U.S. because we are one of the most importants customers for them. We are not maintained! I am proud to be Puerto Rican.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The reality is very different. After discuss the video,I has a new concept in my mind. I cant believe that. Its very important study the economic of the island, to discuss the true. I think Puerto Rico represent a most important place for U.S. The evidence of the data show a change the image of many people in Puerto Rico. Is simple United States bring money to Puerto Rico, but the little island bring more money to the nation and represent one of most important customers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow! I was not aware of this; I think that it’s very important that people see this video and be aware of what really goes on in our economy, here in Puerto Rico. That we contribute more to the United State then what we really receive in Federal Funds. I see things much different after seeing this video. I was one of the people that thought that were being supported from the United State more than what we contributed. The numbers speak for then self.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really it is a ver interesting vídeo. Will recommend it to several people who saw this vídeo because it is amazing what it says about the economy is not so much saying that PR are maintained and truth that PR contributes more than U.S. sends aid or multiply federal aid rejoinder. What you should do is that those who manage money in this country say what they actually arrive and leave U.S.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Many people say that most people like to live off the government, but nobody knows relidad which each family situation is happening. The economy in Puerto Rico this relidad very poor but most of the funds come from there, but we must see that we also contribute to them. In relidad the figures speak for themselves and we must take into account this video because it is very true.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was not aware of that, but now that I saw this video I have a different thinking and I think everyone should see that perhaps many think that things are as they see them and it's really not how they think and how they see, with this video I could tell you but we all come together as Puerto Ricans country and we work hard we could be independentes.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!!!
    The video has left me surprised, because things are not as they seem or say. Puerto Rico is the primary key for the United States. The reality is that we do not depend entirely on the United States. If we work hard as a country we can be independent. This video is very interesting and let you know as reality and especially not based on politics. Would be good to other people so they know what they saw as reality.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I was not aware of this information, it was shocking to hear that the U.S. criticized our country that way when we give them triple of what we earn from them. I believe it's important to educate our people this way, I would definitely recommened that the ones who are responsable for making those disrespectful comments watch this video so they can see that they recieve more from us. I think its rude because I recognized that not all families have the ability to work or live in a big house and thats when these resources help them but in some way they have to return something to the U.S. which is demonstrated with this study. Many of our population work hard for what they obtain. I believe that education is what builds our defense.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I didn't know about these numbers, but often create their own fame Puerto Ricans maintened and say so. I understand that most people on this island are one way or another are hard working. Puerto Rico receives aid from the E.U., but it's really more what it brings, than it receives. These contributions generally are purchasing, among others. One thing I can say is that I'm impact by the way U.S. say it brings alot of money to unemployment, but that money was one contribution made by the employee. The world has a way of seeing ourselves as people erronous. We demand respect.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I understand that working in Puerto Rico. It we receive EU aid but no way to say that we maintained that it is not. of those numbers are not very good. And I think that we generate more money than the U.S.. and as he says he pays Puerto Rico and the U.S. Navy that pays.

    ReplyDelete
  12. It’s incredible but true. It’s clearer than water. Math doesn’t fail. The argument of “we are a bunch of maintained”, you now see it’s not like that. On the contrary, we are an island that generates millions and millions of dollars for them. But, my question is, why people don’t accept the true? Simple, I think Puerto Rico doesn’t need E.E.U.U. to live great, but since there’s always people who don’t want to do nothing for their lives, and they had been taught to live depending from others and don’t believe they can live from their own sweat and sacrifice, we are a blessed island with lots of resources but we don’t want to look farther than our incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
  13. The information provided by the video is the evidence that Puerto Ricans are not sustained by United States or other nations. Puerto Ricans contribute a portion to the economy but the largest percent of the profit goes out of Puerto Rico. We buy products to other countries and we don't export as much as we import. Many of the federal aid we receive is paid by our own salaries and are not benefits that we receive. Some deductions from our wages as retirement, social security and others have reached the end of our work. We have the right to enjoy these benefits. We are not sustained because United States receives a huge amount of our money and we receive much less from them.

    It is necessary to know the updated data before talking about it. As I learned from this information, I consider it very important and useful for our future choices in buying things not made in Puerto Rico or just not helping out our own country to get a better economy. Now that I know that our money is going out of our country and we receive no benefits at all, it makes me wonder... what we are doing to change this fact?

    ReplyDelete
  14. Well I think that this video was really interesting. It show us that we are not sustained people and what they say about that USA sustained us is a lie. But I think that we have the fault about that. The reason why I said that we have the fault is because we see our children they no want to study or work to be the future of Puerto Rico. We can make better for this country and if we quarrel together. We can remove that federal law that do not permit us to choose what company we want to export our products if we inform the population of Puerto Rico.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm almost speechless after seeing this. I always believe that Puerto Rico has the potential to rise from the bad economic status that it is. It's simple, we are responsible for every decision that it's maid. If all of us work together, united we would make Puerto Rico the best island to live. But, while we keep thinking wrong, that we are maintained by the United States and also many citizens who could work, lay on their beds, sofas, and do absolutely nothing there ain't gonna be progress. Remember if you want something... you have to work hard and earn it.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Waoo very impressive, according to the video I realize that our country is not maintained of united states we give you much more than its alleged aid. Actually we according to the video I realize that if this information is accurate no one has to talk about my country saying that we are maintaineds of E.U. I did not think this was so. Now, with this information I think it's a bad deal, they make us think they maintain us when they really don't. If they give us an amount and we produce them more than three times what they gave us, I ask... Who lives from who? And they make us feel like we are maintained. I realize that we talk without knowing the right information when it exists only that they used at their convenience. We don't know if this information is real but if it were it is important to share it and inform the people that don't know.

    ReplyDelete